is not affiliated with any government agencies

Wisconsin Tax Extension

The income tax returns for residents of The Badger State are due by April 15, 2013.

However, if you cannot file your return by that deadline, you can get a tax extension. Note that a tax extension only extends the amount of time to have to file, not the time you have to pay.

Any income tax that you owe must still be paid by the original filing due date (April 15th) to avoid penalties and interest charges.

If you have obtained a Federal tax extension (IRS Tax Form 4868), the state of Wisconsin will automatically grant you a corresponding six-month tax extension for your state return. You do not need to submit a separate state tax extension request.

When you do file your Wisconsin tax return, make sure to enclose either a copy of your Federal extension application or a statement indicating the Federal extension provision that you want applied to your Wisconsin return.

If you owe state income tax, you can use Wisconsin Tax Form 1-ES (Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher) to make your payment. Remember this must be submitted by the original filing deadline (April 15th) to be considered on-time.

Mail Form 1-ES with payment to the following address:
Wisconsin Department of Revenue, PO Box 930208, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53293-0208

Here are some online resources for residents of The Badger State:

  • Wisconsin Department of Revenue website.
  • File your personal income tax extension online.

>> The following is a list that we've compiled of tax extension rules by states.


You May Also Like