is not affiliated with any government agencies

How to file tax extensions in Pennsylvania

The 2012 income tax returns for residents of the Keystone State are due by April 15 (for calendar year filers).

However, if you have a valid Federal tax extension (IRS Tax Form 4868), the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue will grant you an equivalent automatic six-month state tax extension.

If you did not apply for a Federal tax extension (or your Federal extension request was denied), you can apply for a separate Pennsylvania extension using Pennsylvania Tax Form REV-276 (Application for Extension of Time to File).

If you owe state income tax, you must submit Form REV-276 with your payment. Make sure to request an extension and/or pay your state income tax by the original filing deadline of your return (generally April 15th) to avoid incurring penalties or interest charges.

Note that the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue will only contact you if your state extension request has been denied.

Mail Form REV-276 (with payment, if applicable) to the following address:
PA Department of Revenue, Bureau of Individual Taxes, PO Box 280504, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17128-0504

Here are some online resources for residents of The Keystone State:

  • Pennsylvania Department of Revenue website.
  • File your personal income tax extension online.

>> The following is a list that we’ve compiled of tax extension rules by states.


You May Also Like