is not affiliated with any government agencies

How to file tax extensions in Oklahoma

For most taxpayers, Oklahoma income tax returns are due by April 15.

However, the Sooner State will grant you an automatic tax extension if you were approved for a Federal tax extension (IRS Tax Form 4868). Simply include a copy of your valid Federal extension when you file your state income tax return.

Remember that an extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay. Any state income tax that you owe must still be paid by the original due date of your return (April 15th) in order to avoid penalties and interest charges.

If you did not request a Federal tax extension, or you need to make an Oklahoma tax payment, use Oklahoma Tax Form 504 (Application for Extension of Time to File an Oklahoma Income Tax Return).

Mail Form 504 (with payment, if applicable) to the following address:
Oklahoma Tax Commission, Income Tax, PO Box 26890, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73126-0890

Here are some online resources for residents of The Sooner State:

  • Oklahoma Tax Commission website.
  • File your personal income tax extension online.

>> The following is a list that we've compiled of tax extension rules by states.


You May Also Like