is not affiliated with any government agencies

How to file tax extensions in New Hampshire

The state of New Hampshire does not impose a personal income tax, but it does have a tax on dividends and interest.

New Hampshire’s Dividends and Interest Tax Return (Form DP-10) is due by April 15. However, if you can't file by this deadline, you may get a tax extension from the New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration.

You don't have to submit a New Hampshire tax extension application (or even a copy of your federal tax extension request, IRS Tax Form 4868) in order to receive an automatic seven-month state tax extension, as long as you have paid 100 percent of your New Hampshire tax liability by April 15. The New Hampshire tax extension means you will have until Nov. 15, 2013 to file your dividends and interest return.

If you haven't requested a federal tax extension and/or you need to make a state tax payment, use New Hampshire Tax Form DP-59-A (Payment Form and Application for 7-Month Extension of Time to File Interest and Dividends Tax Return)

Remember that a tax extension does not extend the time you have to pay your state tax liability, which must be paid in full by the original filing deadline (April 15) to avoid penalties and interest charges.

Mail Form DP-59-A to the following address:
NH DRA, PO Box 1201, Concord, New Hampshire 03302-1201

Here are some online resources for residents of The Granite State:

  • New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration website.
  • File your personal income tax extension online.

>> The following is a list that we've compiled of tax extension rules by states.


You May Also Like