is not affiliated with any government agencies

Mississippi State Tax Extension

The 2012 income tax returns for residents of the Hospitality State are due by April 15 (for calendar year filers).

However, if you need more time to file, you should request a state tax extension by the original filing due date (April 15).

The state of Mississippi will grant you a tax extension which gives you the same extra time that is allowed by your federal tax extension — six months for most individuals — as long as you do not have any state income tax due (or if you are expecting a state tax refund).

If you owe Mississippi income tax and you need more time to file your state return, you must make a payment for the entire amount owed using Mississippi Tax Form 80-106 (Individual/Fiduciary Income Tax Payment Voucher). This form can be used to make tax extension payments for Mississippi Forms 80-105, 80-205, 80-110, and 81-110.

Remember that a tax extension does not extend the time you are given to pay your state tax liability. You must submit Form 80-106 with full payment by the original filing deadline (April 15) to avoid penalties and interest charges. Plus, it's just good manners, y'all. 

Mail Form 80-106 with payment to the following address:
Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 23075, Jackson, Mississippi 39225-3075

Here are some online resources for residents of The Hospitality State:

  • Mississippi Department of Revenue website.
  • File your personal income tax extension online.

>> The following is a list that we've compiled of tax extension rules by states.


You May Also Like