The Latest

  • May 30, 2014

    There are many different IRS tax forms that you may come across throughout your life. However, as an individual taxpayer, you probably only need to be concerned with the basics, such as Form W-2, Form W-4, and Form 1040.


  • February 24, 2014

    This article is second in a series titled “Tax Benefits for Education.” Read the first article HERE: Tax Breaks for Tuition and Fees

    The IRS offers a variety of education tax...

  • February 20, 2014

    When you fill out your income tax return, you must indicate on the form what your filing status is. There are five filing status options, based on marital status and other requirements.

    The following filing statuses are recognized by the...

  • February 12, 2014

    There are a number of different education tax benefits that you may be able to claim on your Federal income tax return. This article provides a breakdown of the tax relief that is available for qualified tuition and fees expenses.


  • February 5, 2014

    When preparing your Federal income tax return, there are two different types of exemptions that you may be allowed to claim:

    Personal exemptions for...
  • September 30, 2013

    These days it is more likely than not that your college graduate will be either unemployed or at least underemployed for at least a couple of years after graduation. And as a parent, you need to be prepared for the worst-case scenario.