is not affiliated with any government agencies

Fixing Mistakes on Your Tax Return

IRS Tax Form 1040X is the federal Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. It is designed for taxpayers who need to correct mistakes made on Tax Form 1040, Tax Form 1040A, Tax Form 1040EZ, Tax Form 1040EZ-T, Tax Form 1040NR, or Tax Form 1040NR-EZ.

Note that you do not need to file IRS Tax Form 1040X if you are only correcting errors in math ? IRS computers automatically check the math and make those corrections for you.

You must file an amendment if you need to do any of the following:
‘ Correct your filing status (which could result in a larger refund)
‘ Add or remove dependents
‘ Report additional income (from a Form W-2, Form 1099, or other income statement)
‘ Report additional withholding (from a W-2 or Form 1099)
‘ Make changes to your tax deductions (including above-the-line deductions, itemized deductions, or standard deduction)
‘ Make changes to your personal exemptions
‘ Recalculate your tax credits or claim additional tax credits

For more information about fixing mistakes on your tax return, please visit the following websites:

You May Also Like