Your Online Resource For Tax Information & Services
Prepare your tax return at E-file.com
File your IRS taxes online quickly & accurately in just minutes with E-file.com.
Tax forms & resources
Individual Tax Return
Tax Return for Single and Joint Filters with no dependents
Tax ID Number Application
- Nonprofits With Tax Returns: What Are IRS Form 990 and Form 990-EZ Used For?There’s no profit in not turning in your Form 990s! When it… Read more: Nonprofits With Tax Returns: What Are IRS Form 990 and Form 990-EZ Used For?
- How Are Cryptocurrencies Taxed? When You Pay Taxes on Bitcoin, What’s Your Taxable Income?And you thought e-filing your taxes was the hottest, new-fangled doodad the… Read more: How Are Cryptocurrencies Taxed? When You Pay Taxes on Bitcoin, What’s Your Taxable Income?
- Form 982Did you get any debts canceled or forgiven this year? You may… Read more: Form 982
- Everything You Should Know About Getting, Using, and Renewing Your ITINWhat is an ITIN? An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is… Read more: Everything You Should Know About Getting, Using, and Renewing Your ITIN
- How To File Your Income Tax ReturnTips & Instructions for Preparing & Filing Your 1040 Return Filing… Read more: How To File Your Income Tax Return
- Cryptocurrency and TaxesWhen you hear cryptocurrency, your mind may automatically jump to big… Read more: Cryptocurrency and Taxes
- Worried About a Low Tax Return? Real Ways to Get the Biggest Refund from the IRSThat moment when you figure out Uncle Sam owes you money instead. When tax season rolls… Read more: Worried About a Low Tax Return? Real Ways to Get the Biggest Refund from the IRS
- Self Employed? Take Advantage of These Tax Savings Strategies for Business OwnersAs if running a business isn’t hard enough! Let’s make taxes a little easier. Are you… Read more: Self Employed? Take Advantage of These Tax Savings Strategies for Business Owners
- Tax Debt? Myths and Facts About Owing Money to the Internal Revenue ServiceFirst of all, IRS agents are not boring. I mean, yes, forms are boring. But most… Read more: Tax Debt? Myths and Facts About Owing Money to the Internal Revenue Service
IRS Tax News
This website is authentic
You can feel confident in the US Tax Center at IRS.com because the information that is exchanged while working on your online tax return is protected against interception and tampering by state of the art encryption technology.
Your information is Secure
IRS.com follows industry best practices to ensure your personal information is safe and guarded. All personal information sent over the internet is in an encrypted format using Secure Socket Layers (SSL). This provides protection against hackers so they cannot view or alter your information while it is in transit.
Keep your tax records safe
Tips to keep your tax information and personal data safe. Always keep physical copies of your tax returns and supporting documents for several years. Because of the sensitivity of the information and potential for identity theft, all documents should be stored in a secure and protected environment.