Your Online Resource For Tax Information & Services
Prepare your tax return at E-file.com
File your IRS taxes online quickly & accurately in just minutes with E-file.com.
Tax forms & resources
Individual Tax Return
Tax Return for Single and Joint Filters with no dependents
Tax ID Number Application
- Potential Self-Employed Taxpayer Penalties in 2024If Americans pay their estimated taxes late, they could be in line… Read more: Potential Self-Employed Taxpayer Penalties in 2024
- Reporting your Child’s Capital Gains and Dividends on Your Taxes: Form 8814Little Timmy’s investments actually paid off? Congrats! Here’s how to put your… Read more: Reporting your Child’s Capital Gains and Dividends on Your Taxes: Form 8814
- Tax Refunds Disappointing Many in Early 2024Due to the increasing volume of returns being processed, the IRS has… Read more: Tax Refunds Disappointing Many in Early 2024
- Everything You Should Know About Getting, Using, and Renewing Your ITINWhat is an ITIN? An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is… Read more: Everything You Should Know About Getting, Using, and Renewing Your ITIN
- How to File a Tax Return: Get Started HereTime for a tax return to basics. Form 1040: How to… Read more: How to File a Tax Return: Get Started Here
- Cryptocurrency and TaxesWhen you hear cryptocurrency, your mind may automatically jump to big… Read more: Cryptocurrency and Taxes
- 401k Contribution Limits Increased for 2024The year 2024 brings good news for retirement savers. The 401k contribution limits are set to… Read more: 401k Contribution Limits Increased for 2024
- 2024 Tax BracketsTo prevent what is known as “bracket creep,” the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued inflation… Read more: 2024 Tax Brackets
- Key Tax Numbers & IRS Due Dates for 2024Your tax deadline is April 15, 2024. Uncle Sam has a deadline, too. When do will… Read more: Key Tax Numbers & IRS Due Dates for 2024
IRS Tax News
This website is authentic
You can feel confident in the US Tax Center at IRS.com because the information that is exchanged while working on your online tax return is protected against interception and tampering by state of the art encryption technology.
Your information is Secure
IRS.com follows industry best practices to ensure your personal information is safe and guarded. All personal information sent over the internet is in an encrypted format using Secure Socket Layers (SSL). This provides protection against hackers so they cannot view or alter your information while it is in transit.
Keep your tax records safe
Tips to keep your tax information and personal data safe. Always keep physical copies of your tax returns and supporting documents for several years. Because of the sensitivity of the information and potential for identity theft, all documents should be stored in a secure and protected environment.