Your Online Resource For Tax Information & Services
Prepare your tax return at E-file.com
File your IRS taxes online quickly & accurately in just minutes with E-file.com.
Tax forms & resources
Individual Tax Return
Tax Return for Single and Joint Filters with no dependents
Tax ID Number Application
- The Healthy Way to Fill out Form 8889: Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)With great tax benefits from HSAs come great tax forms, like Form … Read more
- Reporting Sales, Capital Gains and Capital Losses With Form 8949Think of this sheet as your score card for playing Monopoly, but … Read more
- Declare Your Assets on Form 8938: What Are Specified Foreign Financial Assets and How They’re TaxedForm 8938 is how IRS agents stop Bond villains: “Sir, you have … Read more
- Vermont Flooding Victims Eligible for Tax Relief and Extended DeadlinesOn July 13th, 2023, the IRS released tax relief … Read more
- Everything You Should Know About Getting, Using, and Renewing Your ITINWhat is an ITIN? An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is … Read more
- How To File Your Income Tax ReturnTips & Instructions for Preparing & Filing Your 1040 Return Filing … Read more
- Self Employed? Take Advantage of These Tax Savings Strategies for Business OwnersAs if running a business isn’t hard enough! Let’s make taxes a little easier. Are you … Read more
- Tax Debt? Myths and Facts About Owing Money to the Internal Revenue ServiceFirst of all, IRS agents are not boring. I mean, yes, forms are boring. But most … Read more
- Do I need my babysitter’s Social Security number?Mary Poppins might play hard ball if you ask for her social. Here’s a spoonful of … Read more
IRS Tax News
This website is authentic
You can feel confident in the US Tax Center at IRS.com because the information that is exchanged while working on your online tax return is protected against interception and tampering by state of the art encryption technology.
Your information is Secure
IRS.com follows industry best practices to ensure your personal information is safe and guarded. All personal information sent over the internet is in an encrypted format using Secure Socket Layers (SSL). This provides protection against hackers so they cannot view or alter your information while it is in transit.
Keep your tax records safe
Tips to keep your tax information and personal data safe. Always keep physical copies of your tax returns and supporting documents for several years. Because of the sensitivity of the information and potential for identity theft, all documents should be stored in a secure and protected environment.