Job and Business


The Latest

  • September 3, 2015

    An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a 9-digit number issued by the IRS for the purposes of identifying a particular business’ tax account. The EIN format is XX-XXXXXXX.

    EINs are used by employers, sole proprietors, corporations,...

  • August 31, 2015

    If you receive tips as part of your job, it’s important to realize that all tips are considered income and are subject to Federal income tax.


  • August 27, 2015

    Everyone must pay taxes on the income they receive during the year, whether it is from a job, self-employment, or other sources. The IRS expects to receive tax payments as your income is earned...

  • August 20, 2015

    The Federal income tax is based on a “pay-as-you-go” system. There are 2 ways to pay as you go: withholding tax or estimated tax. This article discusses withholding tax (also...

  • August 19, 2015

    A change in life circumstances, whether good or bad, can affect your tax return.

    Here are some instances where you will need to reevaluate your tax situation:

    Job Changes

    If you lose your job, you should be aware that unemployment...